LDALI-MS2 multi-sensor performs occupancy detection and measures the lux level
The LOYTEC LDALI-MS2 multi-sensor performs occupancy detection and measures the lux level. It integrates perfectly into the L‑DALI product line of lighting controllers and LROC‑40x room automation controllers. The sensor uses a passive infrared presence detector, which is optimized for use in typical office environments, where even the small movements of somebody working at a desk have to be detected across the complete detection area. Its presence detection zone diameter of 10.8 m at 3 m mounting height is ideal to cover a typical office room or an area in an open office space.
With the already built-in infrared receiver, the room’s lights, sunblinds and HVAC system can be controlled via the optionally available IR remote control L-RC1. In addition to occupancy and lux sensors, the LDALI-MS2 comes with integrated temperature and humidity sensors. In room automation applications, those values can be used to calculate the current dew point. On the back of the sensor, there is a connector for three digital inputs, allowing to connect conventional switches and push-buttons, window contacts, dew point sensor, etc. This feature not only saves on additional hardware, but also significantly reduces wiring costs, as the inputs can be wired inside the room and wires no longer have to be pulled to the I/O modules in the switching cabinet.
The LDALI-MS2 comes with three mounting options: It can be mounted in-wall in standard flush‑mounted boxes, spring snap in false ceilings and on-wall with the included surface mounting box.
Communication and power supply is handled via the DALI bus. The LDALI-MS2 supports the DALI-2 protocol as defined in the IEC 62386 2014 standard and can be integrated into DALI-2 systems of other vendors.
- DALI-2 certified device as defined in IEC62386 2014 standard (input device)
- High sensitivity occupancy detection (PIR), optimized for office applications
- Lux level measurements
- Built-in infrared receiver for optional infrared remote control L-RC1
- Temperature sensor
- Humidity sensor3 digital inputs (dry contact)
- LDALI‑MS2 can be mounted in a flush-mounted box, directly in false ceilings (spring mount included) or on-wall (surface mounting box included)
- Multi-master compatible, up to 16 LDALI‑MS2 sensors per DALI channel given a sufficiently dimensioned bus supply
- Supplied via the DALI channel, no external power supply is necessary
- Sensor head can be tilted up to ±15° vertically