L‑DALI Controllers are multifunctional devices combining constant light control, sunblind control, and gateway functions between LonMark and DALI (Digital Addressable Lighting Interface) systems. With Alarming, Scheduling, Trending, and e-mail notification (AST™) the L‑DALI Controller is a perfect solution for DALI lighting systems and for a smooth DALI integration into LonMark Systems.
DALI Network Interface
L-DALI Controllers act as a DALI-Master in the DALI network and can interact with DALI-2 multi-sensors and buttons in Multi-Master mode.The L-DALI lineup for LonMark Systems features 1, 2, or 4 independent DALI channels. Up to 64 DALI or DALI-2 based luminaries per DALI channel can be controlled individually or via 16 groups. All luminaries are monitored for lamp or ballast defect. In addition up to 64 DALI-2 input devices are supported per DALI channel. Each input device can be equipped with push buttons, sliders, occupancy and light sensors.
Built-In DALI Bus Power Supply
All L-DALI models come with a built-in DALI bus power supply. The LDALI-3E101-U and the LDALI-3E102-U can supply each DALI channel with a guaranteed supply current of 230 mA, the LDALI-3E104-U can supply 116 mA per channel. In case of the LDALI-3E104-U an external DALI bus power supply can be added to top up the supply current to 232 mA. External power supplies are available for up to four DALI channels. The internal DALI bus power can be switched on and off via web interface or LCD UI. Thanks to the switching power supply, these devices can handle input voltages from 85 – 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz.
LonMark TP/FT‑10 or Ethernet/IP‑852 Connection
The L‑DALI Controllers provide connectivity in LonMark Systems through IP‑852, or TP/FT‑10 as well as data exchange through Global Connections. They support comprehensive AST™ functionality (Alarming, Scheduling, and Trending) with e‑mail notification. Full L‑WEB integration is supported as well. The L‑DALI Controllers are equipped with two Ethernet ports including a built-in Ethernet switch.
Local Operation and Override
The L‑DALI Controllers come with a built-in backlit display (128x64) and a jog dial for local operation and override. Using the local operation, maintenance tasks (DALI device replacement, burn-in mode, etc.) can be executed without the need of any software tool.
Constant Light Control
The integrated Constant Light Controller (LonMark Functional Profile #3050) allows controlling local DALI ballasts and luminaires via the CEA‑709 network. It supports various lighting control strategies, presence and lux level based. Several parameters can be used to configure the Constant Light Controller for almost any use case.
Sunblind Control with Constant Light Control Interaction
The integrated Sunblind Controller (LonMark Functional Profile #6111) allows intelligent controlling of blinds connected via SMI (requires LSMI-804) or the CEA‑709 network. It offers effective sun and anti-glare protection through active slat control and slat adjustment according to the sun position. Energy efficiency is ensured by linking room occupancy with sun protection. If a room is unoccupied, the L‑DALI Controller opens or closes the sunblinds depending on the thermal requirements. This allows for instance to use the heat of the sun for heating in winter while in summer, the heat from the sun is reduced by the closed blinds to reduce the cooling load.
Optionally, the sunblind and light control applications of a room or an area can be linked together. As both applications control the light available in the room this holistic approach assures maximum comfort and energy efficiency.
In addition to the constant light and sunblind control, any mathematical calculation and function or logical operation (Boolean algebra) can be created on the device and process all available data points.
Device Configuration via Tool or Web Interface
The device configuration, commissioning, and parameterization is done either with the configuration tool software (used as stand-alone tool or as LNS® plug-in) or via the integrated web server.
EnOcean, OPC and Modbus
Wireless EnOcean sensors and buttons can be integrated via the optional L‑ENO EnOcean interface. To use the L‑DALI with an existing SCADA solution all runtime values and parameters can be accessed via OPC (XML/DA and UA) and Modbus TCP.
Advanced DALI functions
- DALI Sensors
- L-DALI controllers support the integration of DALI-2 multisensors for presence detection and light level recognition. In addition to the LOYTEC DALI-2 multisensor LDALI-MS2/MS2-BT/MS4-BT, DALI-2 sensors from many well-known manufacturers can be used.
- DALI Buttons
- For manual operation, DALI-2 button couplers, such as the LDALI-BM2, DALI-2 operation panels and IR remote controls can be integrated into the system. Their functionality can be individually configured. In addition to the control of lighting via DALI (dimming, scene recall, etc.) and solar blinds via SMI (rise, fall, etc.), button press events can be propagated in the building network, triggering other building automation functions not related to lighting. Support of feedback function for button instances according to IEC 62386-332 is provided.
- DALI Relay Modules.
- Standard mains loads can be controlled via DALI using DALI relay modules, such as LDALI-RM3, LDALI-RM4 and LDALI-RM8.
- DALI color control
- L-DALI allows DALI luminaires with color control (DT8) functionality to be controlled. Both tunable white control (Tc) and full RGB color control (RGBWAF and xy coordinate) are supported. Light color can be changed automatically, manually (e.g., via pushbuttons) or via the network.
- Automatic burn-in for fluorescent lamps
- Fluorescent lamps must operate for about 100 hours at 100% brightness before they can be dimmed. This burn-in process is monitored by L-DALI for each lamp. After 100 hours of burn-in, constant lamp light control is enabled.
Automatic testing of emergency lighting systems
- In DALI emergency lighting systems based on IEC 62386-202, L-DALI can be used to test the system. The results can be recorded.
- Collection of important operating parameters
- For maximum transparency of the lighting system, L-DALI can record the operating hours of each lamp and also the (calculated) power consumption.
- Simplified replacement of DALI devices.
- Defective DALI ballasts can be easily replaced directly on the L-DALI controller (LCD and jog dial) or via the web interface. No software tools are required.
The L-DALI controller maps information from the DALI network to network variables (NV) to control DALI ballasts or display operating states, including DALI sensor occupancy and lux level information. The L-DALI controller for LonMark systems can be connected to an Ethernet/IP channel (LonMark IP-852) or a TP/FT 10 channel. The supplied static NV interface includes the following functions The supplied static NV interface includes the following profiles:
- Lamp actuator #3040
- Light sensor #1010
- Occupancy sensor #1060
- Constant light controller #3050
- Sunlight controller #6111
- Open loop sensor (push button) #1
- All data points are available in a tree structure on the built-in web server for viewing or setting with a web browser.
- DALI integration into LonMark systems
- Supports up to 64 DALI ballasts and 16 DALI groups per DALI channel
- Supports up to 64 total input devices per channel
- Up to 16 DALI sensors per DALI channel are supported
- Supports up to 64 DALI button modules per DALI channel
- Integrated DALI bus power supply
- Manual operation via jog dial and local access to device status and data point information in clear text and symbols
- 128x64 graphical display with backlighting
- Built-in Web server for device configuration
- Testing and assignment of DALI devices via the web interface
- Replacement of DALI devices without additional software tools via LCD and jog dial
- Supports control of standard loads in the power grid via LDALI-RM3 relay modules
- Built-in constant light controller
- Integrated sunlight controller
- Supports DALI-2 devices (drivers and input devices)
- DALI-2 certification (complies with IEC 62386-101 and IEC 62386-103)
- Supports DALI color control (DT8 tunable full white and color control)
- Supports lamp burn-in mode
- Supports periodic testing of DALI emergency lights
- Built-in DALI protocol analyzer
- Complies with CEA-709, CEA-852 and ISO/IEC 14908-1 standards (LonMark system)
- Network connection with TP/FT-10 or IP-852 (CEA-852 Ethernet)
- Alarm, schedule and trend (AST™) locally or embedded in L-WEB (building management)
- Node.js support for easy IoT integration (e.g., Google calendar, Alexa & friends, multimedia equipment).