The KNX Modbus TCP Gateway 716 is a compact Gateway between KNX TP and Modbus TCP with 250 freely configurable data points.
The device enables easy integration of Modbus devices that support the TCP protocol via IP and can act as a Modbus master or slave. As Master the device can address up to 5 slave devices. Two buttons and three LEDs allow local operation and visualization of the device status.
Furthermore, the device can be used as a programming interface to connect one or more PCs to the KNX bus (e.g. for ETS®). The Power is supplied via the KNX bus. The KNX Modbus TCP Gateway supports KNX Security.
The assignment between KNX objects and Modbus registers is made via parameters in the ETS – no further tool is required.
The device enables the interpretation and scaling of the Modbus data according to the data point types of the KNX standard.
Two buttons and three multi-colored LEDs on the front panel allow local operation (test functions) and visualization of the device status.
- Mechanical Data:Housing: plastic,DIN rail mounted device, width: 1 unit (18 mm),Weight: approx. 40 g
- Indicators: 2 buttons and 3 LEDs (multicolor), KNX programming button with LED (red)
- Modbus: Type: TCP, Master or Slave;As master: up to 5 slave devices;Up to 250 data points
- KNX Medium TP, KNX Security; Interface protocol: cEMI; Support of KNX long frames; Device model: System B; Up to 8 KNXnet/IP Tunneling connections simultaneously
- Internet protocols:ARP, ICMP, IGMP, UDP / IP; TCP / IP, DHCP, Auto IP; KNXnet/IP Tunneling; Modbus TCP
- Power supply: KNX Bus approx. 20 mA;
- Connectors: Bus connector for KNX (red / black), LAN RJ-45 socket