LIOB-586 I/O controllers are compact, programmable, IP-enabled automation stations for LonMark systems and BACnet/IP networks with physical inputs and outputs and integrated graphical display.
LIOB-586 I/O controllers are equipped with two Ethernet ports, including an integrated Ethernet switch. This enables a daisy-chain line topology of up to 20 devices, reducing network installation costs. Devices with dual Ethernet ports also enable the creation of a redundant Ethernet installation (ring topology), which increases reliability. The redundant Ethernet topology is enabled by the Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP), which is supported by most managed switches.
Technology data points are automatically exposed as OPC tags for higher-level OPC client applications or for the L-WEB system via the integrated OPC server that provides SSL encrypted web services (OPC XML-DA) or UA Secure Conversation (OPC UA). L-IOB I/O controllers also enable data exchange over global connections (network-wide data exchange), offer AST™ functions (alarming, scheduling, and trending), store custom graphic pages for display in LWEB-802/ 803, and can be seamlessly integrated into the LWEB-900 building management system. LIOB-586/587/588/589 I/O controllers implement the BACnet Building Controller (B-BC) profile and are BTL certified.
Local operation and overrides
All L-IOB I/O controllers feature an LCD display (128x64) with backlight and jog dial for manual local operation and override. Device and data point information is displayed in text form and via graphical symbols. On the front panel of the LIOB-586 /LIOB-587, the six relay outputs can be overridden by 3-way switches.
External meters can be integrated via M-Bus or Modbus. LIOB-586/587/588/589 I/O controllers perfectly meet energy management and energy reporting applications. The LIOB-587 model includes integrated power measurement.
- Automation station with physical inputs and outputs
- Programmable with L-STUDIO (IEC 61131-3 or IEC 61499)
- Programmable with L-LOGICAD (IEC 61131-3), (LIOB-586 / LIOB-588 / LIOB-589 only)
- Room controller for up to 2 room segments
- Extension with physical inputs and outputs using an L-IOB I/O module (LIOB-11x or LIOB-45x/55x)
- 128x64 graphical display with backlighting
- Local and remote access to device status information and data points
- Manual operation via jog dial or VNC client
- Manual control of each output via switches (LIOB-586 only)
- Alarm, programming and trending (AST™)
- Node.js* support for easy IoT integration (e.g., Google calendar, Alexa & friends, media appliances, ...)
- Event-driven email notification
- Math objects to perform mathematical operations on data points
- Storage of custom graphical pages
- Display of custom graphic pages via LWEB-900 (Building Management), LWEB-803 (Monitoring and Control) or LWEB-802 (Web Browser)
- L-STAT room operator panel support
- Integrated OPC XML-DA and OPC UA server
- Dual Ethernet/IP interfaces
- Access to network statistics
- Complies with ANSI/ASHRAE 135-2012 and ISO 16484-5:2012 standards
- Supports BACnet MS/TP or BACnet/IP
- BACnet client function (write properties, read properties, COV subscription)
- BACnet client configuration with configuration tool (scan and EDE import)
- B-BC (BACnet Building Controller) functionality, BTL certified
- Complies with CEA-709, CEA-852 and ISO/IEC 14908 standards (LonMark system)
- Supports IP-852 (Ethernet/IP)
- Supports dynamically created or static NVs
- Supports user-defined NV (UNVT) and configuration properties (SCPT, UCPT)
- Integrated BACnet/IP to BACnet MS/TP router including BBMD and Slave-Proxy functionality
- M-Bus master according to EN 13757-3, connection via optional M-Bus converter (L-MBUS20 or L-MBUS80)
- Gateway functions, including Smart Auto-Connect™ function.
- Modbus TCP and Modbus RT