The netTAP 100 is the protocol converter for sophisticated conversions and supports conversions from Real-Time Ethernet to serial, from Fieldbus to Fieldbus, from Real-Time Ethernet to Fieldbus and from Real-Time Ethernet to Ethernet. It supports slave and master functionality in any combination. Master functionality is unlimited when licensed.
A memory card slot allows the user to save firmware and configuration data on a removable card. In case of failure all that is needed to bring the system back online in seconds is to move the memory card from the old netTAP 100 to a spare unit.
Besides the standard protocols the netTAP 100 supports the creation of serial protocols with the Lua-based scripting language netSCRIPT. A complete development environment is included in the scope of delivery. It allows convenient and fast programming of any proprietary serial protocol, as well as pre-processing of I/O data during conversion to the other field protocol.
- Integrates devices with MODBUS or ASCII protocol as PROFIBUS slave in a PROFIBUS network
- Configurable ASCII send / receive character string
- Device replacement in seconds via memory card-based loading
- Firmware loadable for flexible use of other conversions
- With USB port for diagnostics and configuration