The ATC-850 converter is equipped with USB interface and is used to connect to an RS422/485 industrial bus or to a devices equipped with RS232 serial port. When the device is connected to the USB port of a PC, it is automatically recognized and is installed a COM native port compliant with any application that requires a serial communication.
The device is equipped with a receive buffer of 384 Byte with adjustable time-out and a trasmission buffer of 128 Byte with control of auto-transmission. ATC-850 facilitates the addition of RS232 / 422/485 devices to your system in "Plug & Play" mode.
The modul is equipped with I/F USB-B, I/F RS232 on DB9M (DTE) connector and extractable terminal blocks for the RS422/485 connection.
The converter is also equipped with surge protection on RS232/422/485 interface and 3500Vrms galvanic isolation between USB and RS232/422/485.
The power supply is provided directly by USB port, so there is not the need of external power supply.
Included in the package: CD Rom with documents and driver
- Computer interface: USB 1.1 2.0 Plug and Play.
- Operational system virtual serial port driver.
- Supports Windows 98/ME/XP/2000/CE/Vista, MAC & Linux 2.4.20 or superior.
- Field Interfaces: RS-232,RS-422,RS-485 Half Duplex, Automatic flow control for RS485 Half Duplex
- Transmission rate: RS232 from 300 bps to 460.8Kbps; RS485 from 300 bps to 921.6Kbps.
- Maximum RS-485 cable length : 1200 m
- Maximum number of devices in the RS485 network: Half Duplex to 32 devices
- Power: from the USB port
- Consumption: <200 ma="" li="">
- Isolation: Isolation voltage 3500VRMS 500VDC sequence
- USB port RS-232/422/485 bus protection: 600W.
- USB connection: USB -B female connector. 1m USB-A to USB-B cable
- RS-232 connector: DB9 male
- RS-422/485 connector: 6-bit terminal socket
- Metal case size: 105x85 x27 mm
- Operating environment: -25 to 70°C, 10 to 90% relative humidity, non-condensing.