MOVE DATA PLATFORM for structural monitoring
MOVE DATA PLATFORM for structural monitoring for structure aging analysis and stress estimation
Monitoring the health of civil structures is essential to trace their aging, observe any structural changes and prevent any collapses, especially in structures subject to stress such as bridges and viaducts.
With a network of IoT sensors, it is possible to monitor any infrastructure remotely, positioning the devices at specific points, obtaining 24-hour control over the health of the structure.
The goal is to be able to monitor any construction with great ease of installation, with a low-consumption wireless system powered entirely by battery. There is therefore no need to lay wiring and it is possible to abandon the sensors for years on the installation site, collecting a large number of data on the behaviour of that structure over time.
The main characteristics of the solution are:
· Innovative sensors to measure all structural parameters
· Competitive prices
· LoRa wireless transmission
Battery operated, long life, no wiring
Ability to observe and understand the state of the building over time
All these features in order to provide a real opportunity for infrastructure control, with a negligible cost compared to the cost of the infrastructures themselves or their late collapse or restructuring.
Move Solutions has accepted this challenge and has developed a line of sensors called Decks, which achieve all the predetermined characteristics. The added value of these devices is the innovative technology patented by Move, which allows to measure the oscillation, that is the dynamic displacement of the application point. The low consumption device has an accuracy equal to that of the interferometric radar (0.01 mm) but a cost 100 times lower. It also measures temperature and frequency of vibrations, mapping and correlating the various measurements over time. Being small and easy to install, it has minimal visual impact. The Deck line also offers more traditional sensors such as accelerometers, inclinometers, crackmeters and more.
Summary of features:
· LoRa wireless transmission
Battery powered, low power consumption, 2 year life
· Low cost
Displacement measurement (accuracy 0.01 mm)
· Detection of the opening of the crack or crack
· Temperature detection
· Detection of the frequency of vibrations
· Device-Gateway communication via LoRaWAN
Encrypted data transmission from 4G gateways to A2A Smart City Network Server
· Loading and visualization of data on a dedicated Move platform
Analysis and study of data with advanced statistical algorithms
Operational description of the solution
1. Installation of sensors on bridges / buildings / dams / scaffolding or similar with the installation of gateways in the area
2. The sensors continuously sample and, upon exceeding a threshold (set remotely), transmit the detected event for 40 seconds (20 seconds before and 20 seconds after the incident)
3. The gateways receive the data and send it through a 4G cellular connection to Network Server
4. Sensors and gateways are registered on Network Server before installation. The received data are made accessible through the API to Move, which stores them in a database
5. All data are available on the Move platform, where it is possible to view, analyze and compare them with advanced algorithms by building a specific model for the structure on which they are installed.
Thanks to this continuous monitoring of building health (SHM), structural engineers can view the building over time at any time and anywhere. They can be alerted if an anomaly occurs and they can plan maintenance in advance as well as security checks at specific points to extend the useful life of the structure and / or even avoid collapses of the same.
Return on installation:
PREVENTING EMERGENCY SITUATIONS, PROLONGED PERIODS OF INABILITY OF THE STRUCTURE AND COLLAPSES
EASY MANAGEMENT AND INSTALLATION
CONSTANT MONITORING FROM ANY DEVICE (mobile or fixed)
FULL AWARENESS OF THE STATE OF THE BUILDING
KNOWLEDGE OF THE INFRASTRUCTURAL STRESS LEVEL
CREATION OF BUILDING BEHAVIOR MODELS
MAPPING OF CRITICAL POINTS, OF THEIR TYPOLOGY AND DENSITY
LOW COST MAINTENANCE PLANNING
ALERT ON EXCEEDING PRESET THRESHOLDS
DATA ANALYSIS AND USE OF ADVANCED ALGORITHMS
With the application of this system, it is possible to guarantee a high safety standard at a negligible cost, preventing disasters, saving human lives and optimizing investments. Finally, there is a clear situation of all the structures for which you are responsible