The RAK5010 is a tracker, which integrates LTE CAT M1 & NB1, GPS, BLE, and sensors. It is built on the Quectel BG96 LTE CAT M1 & NB1 module, which has an integrated GPS receiver. The MCU running the board is a Nordic nRF52840 controller.
As it has both GPS and BLE it can be used for outdoor and indoor scenarios, where location-based services need be present. There are four sensors onboard: humidity and temperature sensor, pressure sensor, 3-axis motion sensor, and ambient light sensor. The extension IOs allow adding more sensors in addition to the on-board ones.
This board is particularly suitable to be used as a quick testing and prototyping tool for applications requiring NB-IoT connectivity.
Application development supports the GCC environment.
- Quectel BG96, with LTE CAT M1, LTE NB1, and GNSS
- Nordic nRF52840, with BLE5.0 and long-range BLE.
- nRF52840 integrates an ultra-low-power ARM Cortex-M4 (64Mhz) microcontroller
- Built-in humidity and temperature sensor, pressure sensor, 3-axis motion sensor, and ambient light sensor.
- iPEX connectors for the LTE and GPS antenna and an on-board ceramic antenna for the BLE.
- nano-SIM and ESIM options.
- Can be powered by either Micro USB, 3.7V rechargeable battery or a 5V Solar Panel Port
- Multiple interfaces, I2C, UART, GPIO, ADC